Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Registration
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a way of verifying that people logging into our systems are indeed the people we think they are. In these times when malicious and phishing email attacks are a daily occurrence, MFA provides a way to limit the impact of these attacks and help ensure that only authorized people are accessing our systems. This helps us to protect not only our email, but all of our data and applications connected to Office 365. Simply put, MFA is a method of authentication that requires more than one verification method. This adds a critical second layer of security when users sign-in to their CAU Office 365 account. It does this by requiring more than one method of verifying that it is really you logging into the account.
Access the CAU website main page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click MyCAU.
Enter your full CAU e-mail address, and click Next.
Enter your e-mail password, and click Sign in.
When the message below appears, click Next.
When the message below appears, click the dropdown arrow next to “Authentication phone” and select “Mobile app.” NOTE: Mobile app has already been selected in this dialog. Click the radio button next to “Receive notifications for verification.” Click Set up to configure the mobile app.
- When the message below appears, install the appropriate Microsoft authenticator app based on the type of phone you have.
- Windows phone – install from Microsoft store
- Android – install from Google Play store
- iOS – install from Apple App store
After installing the app, open it, click the three dots in the top right corner of the screen, select Add account and select “Work or school account.”
- Use your phone to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- Your account will be added to the Microsoft authenticator app on your phone.
- In the browser window on your computer, click Next.
- The following screen will display indicating that the mobile app has been configured. Click Next.
When this dialog appears, tap Approve on the notification on your phone.
When this dialog appears, enter your mobile number, and click Done.
You are now registered for MFA using the Microsoft authenticator app. You will be logged into the My Apps portal where you can access the applications that have been made available to you. It will look similar to this page:
OITC plans to add additional applications in the future.