Next Steps for Admitted Students
Now that you've been admitted...
Students commit to Clark Atlanta University by submitting a nonrefundable $475 confirmation fee. We are continuing to accept confirmation fee payments until capacity in the class has been reached. It is important to view and accept the student's financial aid award before paying this fee, unless your family intends to pay the full cost of attendance out of pocket. In that case, the Office of Student Accounts has a variety of methods to accept payments or make payment arrangements. Please refer to the Admitted Student Booklet for detailed instructions on how to proceed.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can view your financial aid package by logging into BannerWeb and following the instructions outlined in the Admitted Student Guide. You will be able to accept or decline the financial aid that you have been awarded, but any portion of financial aid that is declined will have to be covered by external scholarships or out of pocket.
The non-refundable, $475 confirmation fee is due on May 1, 2021 for the Fall 2021 semester. We will continue to accept the confirmation fee after this date as capacity allows.
The confirmation fee is similar to a non-refundable deposit to signify your intent to attend CAU. It is required of all new students, regardless whether or not they will be living on campus. The amount is nowhere near the full cost of a semester at CAU, but it is intended to be an amount that students will not easily walk away from. Please do not pay the confirmation fee until you are satisfied with your financial aid package and you are completely sure that CAU is your University of choice.
Financial enrollment means that a student is enrolled in classes and has covered their financial obligation for the semester through financial aid, payment plan arrangements, or payments. To put it simply, it means that the semester has been paid for.
Checklist Steps and Important Dates
- Step 1) Complete the FAFSA
- Step 2) Calculate your estimated cost of attendance: 2021-2022 Tuition and Fees.
- Step 3) Check your financial aid package on BannerWeb
- Scroll to the bottom of www.cau.edu and select BannerWeb>Click "Enter Secure Area">Use your 900# and pin from your physical admission letter.
- Select "Student Services & Financial Aid">select "Financial Aid">"My Award Information">Select "Award Aid by Year" and select correct school year. Select tab "Accept Award Offer" to accept or decline financial aid.
- If you do not have a package available and have already submitted your FAFSA, it is likely you have been selected for verification.
- When you select ""Student Services & Financial Aid">select "Financial Aid"> select "My Eligibility">"Student Requirements">"By Aid Year" and select appropriate year. You will be able to view any outstanding verification documents required by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Step 4) Apply for external scholarships at www.uncf.org. You are automatically being considered for CAU academic scholarships.
- Step 5) Pay the nonrefundable $475 Confirmation Fee as described on Page 6 of the Admitted Student Guide .
- Step 6) Seven (7) business days after paying the fee, you should be able to set up your student email by following the instructions on Page 5 of the Admitted Student Guide.
- Step 7) When the housing portal has opened in May, you will be able to log on and apply for housing using your student email and instructions on Page 10 of the Admitted Student Guide.
- Step 8) Please visit the Student Health Services website and complete the following before July 1:
- Immunization Form