In addition to the admission requirements of the Graduate School, there are program specific
requirements, including the following:
1. Hold Tier I Educational Leadership entry certification or a grandfathered L or PL certificate in
Educational Leadership issued from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
2. Have a minimum of a Master’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited higher
3. Be employed in a leadership position in a local education agency (LEA) as defined by the Georgia
Professional Standards Commission.
4. Submit three official letters of recommendation. One of the letters must be a recommendation
from the Superintendent or designee based on local district requirements.
5. 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on graduate work
6. Submit a passing score on the state-required Georgia Educator Ethics for Educational Leadership
Assessment (380). NOTE: Applicants having completed this entry requirement for Tier I certification
need not complete the assessment. A copy of a Certificate of Completion should be submitted with the
7. Written partnership with school district confirming one or two Advanced Practicum site options
that will enable successful completion of the clinical experience, with approval from school leadership.
NOTE: 750 hours of clinical practice are required for program completion.
Upcoming Start Dates
Apply by February 1
Apply by November 1