Admission Requirements for the Department of Educational Leadership
Students seeking admission to Clark Atlanta University must submit an application for admission to the University. Completing the application form online will activate the admissions file. A file will not be considered complete or submitted to the Graduate department until the Office of Graduate Admissions receives the following:
Completed and signed application.
- Students seeking admission to Clark Atlanta University must submit an application for admission to the University. Completing the application form online will activate the admissions file. A file will not be considered complete or submitted to the Graduate department until the Office of Graduate Admissions receives the following:
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars. The application fee will not be waived and is nonrefundable.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution’s Office of the Registrar. A transcript which has been “issued to the student” will not be accepted.
- An official GRE Report of Scores from the Educational Testing Service Test requirements will not be deferred or waived. Test scores more than five years old are not acceptable.
- Three recommendation letters: two from former instructors and one from an employer or supervisor. If the applicant has not attended school for two years then all three recommendations may come from an employer or supervisor. The letters of recommendation can be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Resume, which can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Dean of Students Certification form from the last institution you have attended (this form is only required if you attended an institution within the last two years). The Dean of Students or the administrative officer in charge of disciplinary records must complete this form and mail it directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
School of Education Only:
- Applicants must take and pass the Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Program Admission Assessments (PAA) prior to being fully admitted in the School Educational Leadership program. Otherwise, applicants will be subject to conditional admittance in the program and required to take and pass the PAA by the end of the first semester of matriculation. These state requirements are subject to change. Go to com for updated information.
- A letter of intent which discusses career goals, reasons for applying to Clark Atlanta University, and qualifications for admission. Contact the program office of your intended area of study for additional details. The letter of intent should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Readmission: A Clark Atlanta University student who has not been enrolled for one semester (not including the summer) is required to apply for readmission. Applications must be submitted at least thirty (30) days before the first day of registration of the term for which readmission is sought. A former student who has attended another college or university during his or her absence from Clark Atlanta University must have an official transcript from each institution’s Office of the Registrar mailed to Clark Atlanta University, Office of Graduate Admission