Dual Degree Accounting Program
The Bachelor of Art/Master of Arts (BA/MA) in Accounting Program is for students who want to meet the 150 semester-hour requirement in five years and simultaneously earn the bachelor’s degree as well as the master’s degree. The Program incorporates the Bachelor of Arts in Accounting (120 semester hours) and the Master of Arts in Accounting (30 semester hours). By taking two graduate electives to satisfy the free elective requirements of the bachelor’s degree, the two degrees are awarded upon completion of 150 semester hours.
Eligibility: A student must be admitted to the Dual-Degree Program in Accounting by the time he or she begins the undergraduate senior year.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher by the end of the junior year.
- Must have completed the following undergraduate Accounting courses or their equivalents with minimum final grades of B Intermediate Accounting I (CBUS 303), Intermediate Accounting II (CBUS 304) and Cost Accounting (CBUS 305).
- Two letters of recommendations, including a letter from at least one professor.
- Submit scores on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
- Students may be admitted into the BA/MA program on a provisional basis pending the submission of GMAT scores. To continue in the program, all students must submit their GMAT test scores by the beginning of their senior year.
- Application deadline: December 15 of the junior year.
- A letter of acceptance will be sent no later than June