Students Association & Alumni Network
Public Administration Student Association (PASA):
The Public Administration Student Association (PASA) was created within the Public Administration Department at Clark Atlanta University in 1978. Since then, we have been involved in numerous community service activities, which have allowed us to increase our skills in helping those who are less fortunate. PASA provides students with a stimulating educational environment which fosters intellectual, social, and cultural curiosity as a foundation for developing creative alternative solutions to public sector problems, and enhances their professional development through development programs and linkages with public organizations at the federal, state, and local levels. One of PASA’s goals is to support the education of students in areas of public affairs/ administration and to prepare them for effective public management careers. PASA organizes activities that offer an enabling environment for students to succeed in the program. Such activities include participation in the annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, Feeding the Homeless, Fall/Spring Cocoons, MLK Day Walk, PASA annual banquet, and mentoring.
Public Administration Alumni Network Affiliate (PAANA)
The Public Administration Alumni Network Affiliate (PAANA) is an affiliate of Clark Atlanta University’s Alumni Association (CAUAA). The PAANA’s mission is to engage MPA students, advocate for CAU alumni, and invest in the Public Administration Department through the Dr. James T. Jones Scholarship Fund and other contributions. The PAANA will accomplish this mission through the following objectives:
- To promote, create, maintain, and instill in the alumni a sense of personal commitment to ideals, civic involvement, traditions, and principles of the CAUAA – PAANA, the Public Administration Department and the University;
- To develop and implement programs that enhances the image of CAUAA – PAANA and supports the missions of the Public Administration Department and the University;
- To engage current students in the Public Administration Department through internships, mentorship, and activities that support student development throughout matriculation and beyond;
- To advocate for the Public Administration Department through recruitment of students;
- To invest financially and seek ongoing support for the Public Administration Department and the University; and
- To promote a network among alumni of the Public Administration Department to assist one another in professional, economic, and social development.
The PAANA general membership meetings are held three times per year (i.e., April before the PASA banquet, October during homecoming week, and December). All MPA alumni are encouraged to join. Membership and other information is available via the PAANA website @ www.caupaana.org.