Pre-Service and In-Service Requirements
In-Service Program or Persons with Significant Professional Experience
The Public Administration Department provides a modified program for in-service persons or for persons with significant professional service that reduces the required graduate credits for forty-two (36) credits to thirty-six (30) credits.
In-Service Admission Requirements
The application process requires that you complete and return your application to our Graduate Admissions Office according to the instructions. Admission to the Master of Public Administration Degree (For In-Service Students) requires the following:
- An earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college;
- A grade point average of not less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the undergraduate level;
- At least five (5) years of substantive experiences in a Pubic/Non-Profit organization in the areas of management, supervision, or significant technical assistance; and
- Applicants must provide appropriate documentation as evidence of professional experience.
In-Service Degree Requirements
The minimum requirements for the Master of Public Administration degree are as follows:
- Completion of thirty-six (30) semester hours of coursework in Public Administration and other special areas as approved by the department.
- Completion and oral defense of a Capstone Project (Exit Paper) approved by the Faculty.
In-Service Program Snapshot (30 Credit Hours)
- 8 core courses (24 credit hours)
- 1 Specialization course (3 credit hours)
- 1 Capstone Project Seminar (3 credit hours)