Policies and Procedures
SEWING LAB ACCESS POLICY
In order to improve the longevity, availability, lifespan of equipment and supplies for students at various stages of their matriculation, we ask that students please review and adhere to the policy below:
The sewing labs on the third floor of Oglethorpe Hall are available to Fashion majors (Fashion Design concentration only) and students pursuing minors in Fashion Design or Professional Apparel for Fashion for class or academic use only.
Students must also be currently enrolled in applicable sewing courses (see below) or have completed CFAS 241 Apparel Construction I (or an equivalent approved course) in order to use the sewing labs and gain access outside scheduled class times and/or during extended hours. Extended hours for sewing lab access are available for class or academic use only and are subject to change or cancellation. Authorization to use sewing machines outside of allotted classroom times must be completed through Ms. Dasque.
Applicable sewing courses are listed below:
- CFAS 241 Apparel Construction I
- CFAS 241 Apparel Construction II
- CFAS 310 Flat Pattern
- CFAS 320 Draping
- CFAS 350 Fashion Accessory Design – instructor approval needed
- CFAS 410 Fashion Design Senior Collection
- CFAS 495 Independent Study – instructor approval needed based on nature of course work
- CFAS 499 Special Topics – instructor approval needed based on nature of course work