Georgia Alabama Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
The Georgia-Alabama Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (GA-AL LSAMP) program is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). The overarching goal of the program is to increase the number of underrepresented minorities receiving baccalaureate degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and who continue to pursue graduate degrees in STEM.
The Alliance works collaboratively to progressively increase the:
- Number of students recruited as STEM majors
- Persistence and progression of STEM students
- Number of baccalaureate alliance institutions
- Number of STEM baccalaureate graduates
- Number of STEM graduates who pursue into graduate degrees