CAU Fall 2021 Student Housing Update
Dear CAU Family:
In our continued effort to keep you informed regarding the student housing status and progress, I would like to provide the following update.
As of Saturday, August 28, 2021, all students who were impacted by the housing issue have returned to campus and there are no students currently housed in hotels.
Our staff worked diligently around the clock while focusing on returning affected students to campus using a 5-phase relocation process. The staff, volunteers and professional movers utilized motor coaches and box trucks to move students and their belongings from temporary housing status back to campus.
Saturday’s return represented students who were housed at the Residence Inn which was the last hotel used and students who were asked to delay their arrivals and stay home with their families until their dorm rooms were ready. This move completes the final phase of our operation bringing all students back to campus.
- In summary, several key measures were taken to rectify the housing challenge to students and parents including the following:
- Off-campus housing was secured for students and families at several major downtown Atlanta hotels located within 10-15 minutes of the campus including the Candler, Hyatt, Hilton and Residence Inn, to name a few.
- CAU staffed all locations to assist students and families and made personal phone checks to ensure they were safely moved in.
- The university incurred the costs for rooms, parking and shuttle service to transport students to and from campus for activities and meals.
- Adversely affected students will receive a full 50% discount refund of the entire current semester room fee. Our finance staff is reconciling these accounts daily.
- Construction crews worked around the clock to complete renovations to ensure our students residence are move in ready and comfortable.
Thank you for your continued support during this difficult period. And, please know I am committed to advancing a culture of excellence, accountability, and service at Clark Atlanta University.
Yours in service,
George T. French, Jr., Ph.D.