Clark Atlanta University Celebrates Founders Week
ATLANTA, GA -- March 15, 2019 – Clark Atlanta University will celebrate Founders’ Week, March 18-23, with events and activities to celebrate achievements and look back over the history of the institution. This year’s special occasion also marks 30 years since the consolidation of its parent institutions, Atlanta University (1865) and Clark College (1869).
- Graduation Explosion: Tuesday, March 19, Juanita P. Baranco Multipurpose Room, Bishop Cornelius L. Henderson Student Center, 10 am to 6 pm
Students will learn more about the post-graduation process and career preparation.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation: Wednesday, March 20, Juanita P. Baranco Multipurpose Room, Bishop Cornelius L. Henderson Student Center, 3 pm
Faculty and staff will be recognized at a reception for their service to Clark Atlanta University.
- Founders’ Day Convocation: Thursday, March 21, L.S. Epps Gymnasium, 11 am
Themed “Strengthening Connections for Student Success,” Convocation is open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni
andfriends of CAU and will feature notable alumni.
The Honorable Meca Walker, J.D., CAU ’95; attorney Antavius M. Weems, CAU ’95, ’98; and Stacey N. Lee, CAU ’00, ’08 will participate on a panel to discuss how CAU prepared them for success. Moses Kilpatrick, 2018-2019 CAU Man of the Year, will moderate.
- Conversation with Interim President Lucille H. Maugé: Thursday, March 21, Juanita P. Baranco Multipurpose Room, Bishop Cornelius L. Henderson Student Center, 6 pm
In a special townhall session hosted by the Office of Alumni Relations, Maugé will share CAU developments and upcoming initiatives. You may RSVP here.
- 11th Annual Spirit of Greatness Gala: Saturday, March 23, Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel, 6-11pm
CAU and Clark Atlanta University Alumni Association (CAUAA) will host its 11th annual Spirit of Greatness Gala, recognizing alumni and pioneers who are making a positive impact in the nation. Proceeds from the gala
enablesus to provide scholarships to our students. You can purchase tickets for the gala here.
For more information on Founders Week events, please visit http://www.cau.edu/events/2019/03/Founders-Week-2019.html.
About Clark Atlanta UniversityEstablished in 1988 by the consolidation of Atlanta University (1865) and Clark College (1869), Clark Atlanta University (CAU) is one of the Nation’s foremost research institutions, offering students from around the United States and several foreign countries the opportunity to engage in 38 exciting areas of study at bachelors, masters and doctoral levels. Located in the historic heart of Atlanta, one of the world's great international cities, CAU’s nearly 4,000 students enjoy access to academic and co-curricular experiences, from forensic