Thank you for visiting the virtual home of Institutional Advancement.
Clark Atlanta University is embarking on a new era in the office of Institutional Advancement (IA). We are looking forward to collaborating with our alumni chapters, corporate, and community partners both nationally and internationally. Our overarching goal is to ensure that the goals of Clark Atlanta.
Based on a long-standing tradition, CAU alumni and supporters all share a common bond: PANTHER PRIDE! Our panther pride grows with each student who attends and graduates from this great institution. Through our combined efforts, CAU will continue to enhance quality academic experiences for our students; provide increased funding for improved facilities; offer scholarships for deserving students; and deliver support for enhanced academic programs.
Under the leadership of President George T. French, Jr., the office of Institutional Advancement will continue to share information and facilitate discussions regarding the University's strategic long-range goals. Emphasis is placed on engaging our communities, students, alumni, and our friends at an unprecedented level. Implementation of the vision requires your active involvement. We need you to be a part of the University's plans for sustainability!
As we plan, Institutional Advancement will be on the forefront garnering the necessary monetary resources to ensure the long-term success of Clark Atlanta University. Together, we will ensure that your alma mater thrives for years to come.
How can you help? Become a donor and a BELIEVER in the future of Clark Atlanta University! Our current fundraising initiatives are listed below:
- Scholarship Gifts- Allow the University the ability to award scholarships immediately to students who meet the minimum criteria of named scholarship.
- Endowed Gifts – Gifts invested to produce ongoing income for a designated purpose. Because endowed funds are invested, they have a life-time presence on CAU’s campus and live in perpetuity.
- Annual Fund- The mission of the Clark Atlanta University’s Annual Fund is to build alumni participation through yearly gifts from alumni, friends, parents and students by educating them on the needs of the University and the value of their involvement in the life of the University.
- Class Reunion Giving–– Class reunion giving is a wonderful opportunity for alumni to show their class pride and support an institution that has done so much for you. Your donations will go towards the class gift that represents each class in reunion, and presented to the University during Class Reunion Weekend in May.
- Faculty Staff Giving Campaign- As Clark Atlanta University faculty and staff, you invest your time and talent in the university and our students every day. When you extend your contributions to include philanthropy, you express your belief in CAU’s mission and actively support our long-standing culture of excellence.
- Corporate and Foundation Giving- The Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations is dedicated to fostering and strengthening relationships between corporations and foundations and the Clark Atlanta University community. We represent the broad priorities of the university, its colleges and programs, and promote opportunities to engage and support CAU’s academic, research and public outreach initiatives.
- Planned Giving - The Office of Institutional Advancement endeavors to maximize donor's contribution and tax-saving potential. CAU uses several ways to leverage your gift into a larger one through the use of assets such as stocks and securities, life insurance, retirement accounts, a personal will, and property such as artwork and rare books as gift options. Planned Giving is a tool in which you can secure increased tax benefits and/or supplementary income.
- Matching Gifts - Corporate matching gifts are a great way for Clark Atlanta University alumni, parents, and friends to maximize personal contributions to the University and increase the impact of their gift. By taking advantage of a company's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution.
We encourage you to select one or multiple campaigns to channel your donation. The Clark Atlanta University Office of Institutional Advancement serves as the only official contact for donations to the university and it issues all tax-exempt acknowledgements given directly to the university.
Should you require any assistance or information regarding any of the campaigns and or major gifting, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (404) 880-6347 or email@example.com. We welcome all inquiries.
The future of Clark Atlanta University depends on YOU. Show your PANTHER PRIDE today!
Sam D. Burston
Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer
Office of Institutional Advancement
Clark Atlanta University
223 James P. Brawley Dr., S.W.
Harkness Hall, Room 211
Atlanta, GA 30314
Direct (404) 880-6316