Matching gift programs can double or even triple the impact of your donation.
More than 16,000 companies offer matching gift programs as a benefit to their employees by matching their charitable contributions. Policies and eligibility vary by each company. Some options include:
- Matching gifts made by spouses or retirees
- Offering 1 to 1, 2 to 1 or even as high as 3 to 1 matches!
If you initiate a matching gift claim, that match will mirror your gift in both amount and the fund that you indicate. For example, if you make a gift of $100 to your major area of study, a matching gift would also benefit that same program!
How do I get my gift matched?
Each company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and widows/widowers. Most corporate procedures are very simple:
- Request a Matching Form from your company.
- Complete and submit the form to Clark Atlanta University along with your gift.
- Clark Atlanta University will verify the completed form and return it to the company.
- The company issues a matching gift contribution to Clark Atlanta University.
Have a general question about making a gift? Send general questions about gifts to email@example.com or call (404) 880-8155.