Launching the Next Generation of Legacy Leaders - Click below to register for our September 13th Informational Webinar.
Click Here to Watch the Webinar
Apply for the HBCU ELI at CAU 2022 Community of Fellows
HBCU ELI Fellow Eligibility Requirements
- Service for a minimum of ten (10) years in higher education or a related field with at least three (3) years successful performance in positions equivalent to a Dean or other institutional level leadership position.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, dispositions, and commitment to move into a senior leadership role within two-three years.
- Be strongly recommended by a current supervisor, a past supervisor, and/or a senior institutional leader.
- Have a strong track record of past performance and progressive leadership responsibilities, including demonstrated success at multiple levels of an institution.
Fellows Expectations and Commitments
- Click here for 2022 Seminar Timeline with detail program forthcoming (Click Here to Download Timeline)
- Click here for current 2021 Seminar Sessions schedule (Click Here to Download 2021 Program)
- Submit your $1,500 Tuition, if selected as a Fellow. Limited scholarships available as funding permits.
- Be an active participant in all discussions and activities, including application and reflection protocols in between the virtual sessions.
- Complete assigned readings, assessments, and applied practice tasks.
- Contribute to the learning and work collaboratively with Institute faculty, mentors, and other fellows.
- Complete all assessments and review results with assigned mentor.
Scholarships: Limited scholarships available as funding permits.
The completed application and all required documents should be uploaded to the ELI Application Portal no later than November 7, 2021.
- Prepare Required Documents
1. Current CV that includes descriptions of roles for all leadership positions.
2. A letter of introduction (not to exceed three pages) addressing the following topics:
(a) Your vision of how the role of HBCU leader can impact student and institutional success, and
(b) Specific personal and professional goals that will be supported through the 6-month experience as an HBCU ELI Fellow.
3. Names, positions, relationships, and contact information for three references as follows:
(a) a senior institutional leader familiar with your work,
(b) current or past supervisor, and
(c) others with a working knowledge of your professional leadership skills.
Review Application Steps and Register for the Application Portal