Panther Print and Mail Center
Clark Atlanta University’s Panther Print & Mail Center provides innovative solutions that are tailored for the overall needs of our campus. We offer a centralized mail and print center that is equipped with skilled employees, multifunctional devices, and advanced technologies to help provide a wide array of services.
Our overall objective is to provide turnkey solutions for students, faculty, and our retail clientele. We are conveniently located on-site and will be happy to serve your needs as it relates to printing, shipping and mail services.
Panther Print & Mail Center
223 James P Brawley Drive SW
Henderson Student Center- 3rd floor
Atlanta, GA 30314
CAU Panther Print & Mail Center Hours of Operation. Effective September 1, the Panther Print & Mail University modified hours of operation are listed below:
Monday - 9:00am- 4:00pm
Tuesday - 9:00- 4:00pm
Wednesday - CLOSED
Thursday - 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday and Saturday - CLOSED
HOURS OF OPERATION (Summer Hours)
Monday - Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
HOURS OF OPERATION (Fall and Spring Term)
Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
- On Saturdays, we do not offer outbound mail services. We are also closed on Saturdays during the summer after graduation occurs and we will reopen for Saturday operations the first Saturday of the fall semester move in.
The Panther Print & Mail Center provides affordable and convenient printing and copying services for students, faculty, staff and the local community.
We offer competitive pricing on the following items;
- B&W and Color Copies
- Large Format Printing/Mounting Services
- Business Cards (CAU Template)
- Resume Printing
- Brochures and Flyers
- Outgoing Faxing
- Booklet Printing
- Form Duplication
- Vinyl Banners
- Customize Print Projects
Stay on campus and let us do the work for you!
UPDATED CAU Print Order Guidelines - Effective March 1, 2020
CAU Budgetary Guidelines:
All print orders that are over $49 will require a purchase order in Panther Buy-before the Print & Mail Center is able fulfill the work order. This is in compliance with our CAU Purchasing Policy. Please use the following vendor name for your purchase order: CAU PRINTSHOP.
All print order using CAU funds should use the CAU Print Shop. Prior to using an alternate vendor, a bid from the CAU Print Shop should be acquired. If the CAU Print Shop cannot beat or match the price/turnaround time, then an alternate vendor may be considered. The budget office will be monitoring for this compliance.
Please be aware that any print job that is submitted without the entire budget control number string (Fund, Organization, Program, Account) will NOT be printed or processed until the complete number is received. The print job will be put on hold by staff until the accounting information is provided.
Jobs Submitted After Hours:
Any print jobs submitted after 5pm or received when our facility is closed will not be available for pick the following morning. We will need a minimum of 4-8 hour turn around unless staff member negotiates another time frame/deadline. Please plan jobs accordingly.
- Go to www.cau.edu
- Locate Office & Resources within the menu located on the left side of the home page.
- Click on campus services
- Locate the menu in the right hand corner and click on Panther Print and Mail Center
- Under the Print /Copy Service area, click on “Electronic Job Submission”
- This will route you to our job submission home screen. As a new user, you will need to set up an account. Please click on “create a new account”
- You will then be prompted to a screen where you need to populate your information to set up your user profile. Once you are finished, click on “save”
- After your profile is successfully created, you will receive an email notification and then you will be routed to our order screen.
- From the home page of the job submission screen, you can proceed with your order by selecting the type of order that you would like to submit.
Students may print documents on any printer with a Print Release Station, which are associated with campus networked computers located in the various students labs and in some common areas.
HotSpot Printing is a free application that makes printing from your mobile device secure, quick, easy and accessible no matter where you are. Find public printing locations using GPS mapping features or manually search to find a specific location. Please review the Hot Spot Printing form for more information on how to use this service.
HotSpot printing is fast, easy and secure. Our cloud printing solution uses SSL encryption to ensure that your data is protected. And print jobs will only be released when you are on location and enter the unique release code you received when the print job was scheduled from your app.
- Secure Cloud printing direct from your mobile device, such as iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, BlackBerry® smartphone and BlackBerry®PlayBook™ and Android™ devices.
- Access to PrinterOn® directory of available public printers
- Locate printers nearby using GPS
- View available printers in a map view
- Search manually for printers by city
- Configure campus, corporate or enterprise printers
- Configure home printers after registering as a HotSpot for an annual fee
- Save printer locations as favorites
- Set default printer for regular use
- View printer details including printer location address
- Browse on-device media to select for print (photos and documents)
- Print Adobe® PDF and Microsoft® Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) documents
- Print images including PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF formats
- Configure print job details including number of copies and paper size
- Manage and view print job status
- Receive secure print release code with every job to use on location to receive prints
Click here for steps to release printing.
The Panther Print & Mail Center is the university’s liaison for multiple inbound shipping couriers such as the United States Postal Service (USPS), Federal Express (FedEx), United Parcel Service (UPS), DHL, and other domestic and international couriers.
Our center processes all incoming mail and packages for students that reside on campus. (Beckwith, Brawley, Holmes, Merner, Pfeiffer, Suites, and Beckwith Village). We do not accept mail and packages for non-residential students.
In addition to inbound mail, we also offer outbound shipping services as well. Our preferred method for processing shipments is United States Postal Service (USPS). Your price can be determined based on the weight of your package and the desired shipping method. A staff member will be happy to assist you with finding the best rates and packaging for your outgoing shipments.
The Panther Print & Mail Center also serves as a drop point for your pre-paid, outgoing FedEx, UPS and USPS packages.
Retail Mail Services
- First Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- International Mail
- Campus Mail drop off (Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS)
Picking up packages and letter mail:
Once added to the database for mail, you will receive an e-mail notification from the Panther Print & Mail Center when a package or letter mail arrives for you assuming we have your updated information on file. Please follow the next steps to retrieve your actual mail/ package:
- Once you receive a notification, simply visit the Panther Print & Mail Center, swipe your PAWCard at one of the kiosks located near the stairs.
- Once you swipe your PAWCard our staff will be notified through our automated system and your package will be brought to you at the counter.
- Proceed to the counter to sign for and retrieve your package or mail
- Please have your PAWCard (CAU ID card) ready for verification.
Faculty/Staff Mail Services
We process all outgoing departmental mail, inter-campus mail, business mail, personal mail and packages for CAU faculty and staff.
A CAU mail meter card is required for all outgoing departmental mail. Please include your department and office budget code to be charged. All metered mail should be delivered to the mail center by 3:00 p.m. to be considered for same-day service.
During the summer, First Class mail, USPS packages and magazines can be forwarded to your home. You must complete a mail forwarding form to request this service within 7 days of the semester ending.
If you will be studying abroad or away from campus for other reasons during the academic year, please let us know so we can discuss your mail forwarding options.
Mail will not be forwarded during holiday breaks. Forwarding service is not available for packages shipped via USPS, FedEx , UPS and DHL. If not picked up within the alotted timeframe those packages will get returned to the sender.
- If you are graduating, transferring or withdrawing... magazines, first class mail and packages shipped via USPS will be forwarded to your home address for two (2) months.
- Please note that Federal Express and UPS packages cannot be forwarded and will be returned to the sender if you are not on campus.
- Six (6) weeks prior to permanently leaving CAU, you should notify all senders of a change of address. Do not submit a change of address with USPS.
Panther Print & Mail Center223 James P Brawley Drive SW
Henderson Student Center- 3rd floor, Atlanta, GA 30314
Phone Number: (404) 880-8015
For additional information or questions please contact Kalee Jaimah email@example.com