Online Learning/Technical Support/Graduate Education
Although the COVID-19 pandemic created many challenges for face-to-face instruction, it also created an opportunity for CAU to expand its capacity to offer more online course options for its students. In moving in this direction, all CAU faculty have been certified to teach fully online courses in Spring 2021. They have completed a rigorous program and earned the CAU Online Teaching Certification based on the nationally and internationally recognized Quality Matters Standards (QMS) for effective design of online instruction. Prior to the Spring 2021 semester, each designed course will be assessed through the peer-review process to ensure it meets the QMS for online instruction. Additionally, academic department chairs will provide ongoing review and evaluation of the delivery of online instruction. The expanded online curriculum will offer greater flexibility for CAU students and enable faculty members to incorporate innovative instructional tools to help every student succeed.
The first step to getting the help students and faculty need is knowing WHOM to contact.
- If a student or employee is locked out of CAU email, Banner, Canvas, or Office 365, he or she should call (404) 880-6482 (24/7) OR send an email to email@example.com.
- If a student or employee needs help with setting something up or navigating in Canvas, he or she should call (404) 880-6194 M-F 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. (EDT).
- If a student or employee needs help related the operation of Zoom, he or she should email CITLE@cau.edu.
- If a student or employee needs assistance with operating laptop equipment, he or she should contact Dell directly.
All questions related to graduate policies and procedures, appeals, graduate student resources and services, degree related requirements (e.g., thesis/dissertation requirements), and other student inquiries will be addressed via email, phone, or Zoom and Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
The Dr. Bettye M. Clark Graduate Resource Center (GRC)
- GRC Virtual Workshops and Trainings: Interactive workshops, trainings, and support services are available via Zoom and other technology platforms. All public workshops and trainings will be archived in Canvas for future
- Remote Tutorial Consultations: Graduate students will continue to schedule one-on-one writing and research tutorial assistance via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone (404-880-8667). Tutorials will be conducted via Zoom Conference
- Thesis/Dissertation Submissions: Published thesis and dissertation submission deadlines for AY 2020-2021 may be found on the CAU website under Thesis and Dissertation Submissions. Reviews of submitted theses and dissertations will continue to be conducted electronically.
ContactsJamie Pleasant Ph.D. - Dean, Graduate Education - email@example.com; 404-880-6359
Ms. Cherise Y. Peters - Associate Vice President/Dean of Graduate Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org; 404-880-6036
Tamalyn L. Peterson Ph.D. - Director of The Dr. Bettye M. Clark Graduate Resource Center - email@example.com; 404-880-8667
Graduate Recruitment and Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org; 404-880-8782
Graduate Programs - email@example.com; 404-880-8667
The Dr. Bettye M. Clark Graduate Resource Center (GRC) - firstname.lastname@example.org; 404-880-8669