Federal Internships / Jobs
Below is a listing of sites
that can help you find and apply for a federal internship or
Federal Internship Directory
- Provides information on internships
that match your interests, experience and skills.
- Provides information on many
fellowships and internships available during the school year
as well as the summer.
Federal Job Search
- Offers state-by-state information
on federal job openings by occupation and the cities where they
- Sends applicants regular e-mails
with new postings that match their career interests profile,
including titles, salaries and locations of positions.
- Provides a listing of "hot"
jobs with various federal agencies.
Information on Security Clearances
(Jobs that require a Security Clearance)
- Apply early, the typical deadline
and application period for summer internships and jobs that require
security clearance is in November.
- Basic background check of
criminal and credit histories; including a review of law enforcement
records, verification of education, past employment and citizenship.
- Being honest is more important
than having a spotless record.
Monster Public Service
- Offers tips on applying for
federal jobs and internships, as well as profiles of public servants.
- Offers a free weekly e-newsletter,
"Monster Public Service News," that contains updates
on federal openings, hints, tips on applying and more.
Partnership for Public Service
- The Partnership works to make
the government an employer of choice for talented, dedicated
Americans through educational outreach, research, legislative
advocacy, and hands-on partnerships with agencies on workforce
Public Service Employees Network
- Provides resources to help
with government jobs that require entrance exams and offers sample
questions from civil service tests.
- Offers links to various personality
and interests assessment tests to help applicants select fields
and jobs suited to their strengths and occupational preferences.
Student Jobs / StudentJobs.gov Guide
- Serves as a one-stop shop
for information on government agencies offering employment for
- Provides a great introduction
to internship and entry-level programs to help give students
ideas about how to get their foot into the door.
USA Jobs is the government's official job posting site.
/ USAJobs.gov Guide
- Matches your skills and interests
to government careers and sends you regular e-mail messages when
positions that meet your criteria are posted.
- Allows you to create a resume
suitable for most federal job applications and stores it for
applying to multiple agencies.
Workshops and Training Materials
and Apply Workshop and Training Manual (MS PowerPoint)
- Learn how to search and apply
for federal jobs and internships.
- Learn how to navigate the
federal hiring process.
- Ace the knowledge, skills
and accomplishments (KSA) section of the standard federal job
- Worksheet designed to help
students through the process, step-by-step.
Please visit Clark Atlanta's
Center as another source to find positions within the federal