Leadership and Professional Development
The goal of the CAU E-Mentoring Program is to provide opportunities for career exploration, networking and gaining insight from experienced professionals committed to helping students develop the critical skills needed to become 21st century leaders in a diverse and global workplace.
Benefits of Mentoring
- Share expertise in career field.
- Aid in the development of critical skills needed for leadership and the workplace.
- Assist students with career exploration.
- Provide encouragement, guidance, and support.
- Gain personal satisfaction.
- Obtain current information on chosen career.
- Identify skills and clarify career interests.
- Develop job search techniques.
- Develop and enhance critical leadership and workplace skills.
- Opportunity for networking.
Role of the Mentor
- Help students develop realistic goals.
- Challenge, inspire, motivate, support and encourage.
- Provide relevant information.
- Offer suggestions and give feedback.
- Be committed and patient.
- Develop a listening ear.
The CAU Leadership & Professional Development Program understands the time constraints and demands of both mentors and mentees. Electronic Mentoring will eliminate the pressure and need to schedule time for face-to-face meetings. Ementoring offers a more “relaxed” setting for communication between both parties.
If you are a working professional interested in serving as a mentor please contact Leadership and Professional Development at 404-880-6749.