CLARK ATLANTA UNIVERSITY
Guest Information for Commencement Exercises
Commencement Dress Code
Graduates must adhere to the dress code. Students who are in violation of the dress code may be removed from the line of march and will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. This year’s Commencement Convocation will be held outdoors in Panther Stadium.
To ensure appropriate attire and maximum comfort, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Males: Black or navy blue suit, white dress shirt, dark tie (black or blue); dark dress shoes. No earrings.
- Females: All black or all white knee-length dress or suit (black pant suits are permissible), closed-toe shoes (black), flesh-colored (skin-toned) hosiery, small earrings.
Guest seating begins at 6:00 a.m. We advise that your guests arrive no later than 30 minutes before the processional, by 7:30 a.m., to ensure they are seated comfortably. This is imperative as it also affords time for the seating of elderly relatives or those requiring special assistance.
Transportation will be provided for elderly and special-needs guests from the entrance gate to the area designated for special-needs guests. You can submit this Special Needs Information Form to Ms. Joyce Worrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the CAU Counseling and Disabilities Center.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to be seated comfortably. This is especially important if there are elderly relatives or individuals requiring special assistance in your party.
- Guests are strongly encourage to arrive early in order to sit together. If possible, designate an area to meet before and after the ceremony.
- Special areas will be reserved for the graduates, special guests, faculty, and special-needs guests. Only one family member will be allowed to accompany a special-needs guest.
- There will be no admittance once the procession has begun. Late arrivals will be seated in the upper stands of the stadium.
- A professional photographer will take individual pictures of each student accepting the diploma cover from the president. You may order graduation pictures online at www.curtismcdowell.com.
- If you plan to take pictures or videotape, we encourage seating in the stadium stands to avoid interrupting the ceremony and other guests.
- Turn off cellular phones and other devises, or place on vibrate during the ceremony.
- Because of safety concerns with electrical wires, balloons will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Transportation will be provided for elderly and special-needs guests from the entrance gate to the area designated for special-needs guests.