Clark Atlanta University and Verizon are looking for African American and Hispanic 6th -7th grade males who are up for the challenge!
On June 20, 2016, a unique program will begin at Clark Atlanta University that will connect young men who have an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to participate in a 4-week summer program and Saturday Camps during the academic year at Clark Atlanta University and host sites.
Those selected will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience and knowledge in areas such as:
- 3D Printing / design-thinking using Autodesk 3D design programs (AutoCAD, Creo, 3D-Max, Inventor, and Solidworks)
- App development, using the platform to build an App that addresses a problem within their community
- Training to enhance digital literacy (basic coding, algebraic instruction, basic circuit design, robotics instruction)
- Additional Focus Areas
- Math and English sessions; training and instruction to enhance overall STEM literacy
- Mentorship / Personal development (Undergraduate mentors, Faculty, NSBE)
- Entrepreneurship Job shadowing / professional mentoring
- Lunch & Learn sessions conducted industry leaders in STEM
- Parent workshops on how students should prepare for careers in STEM fields
- Physical fitness activities