Clark Atlanta University
223 James P. Brawley Dr., S.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30314
CLARK ATLANTA UNIVERSITY
SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Signed the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) as a charter member in April 2010
- Joined the American Association for Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Integrated sustainability into the current University Strategic Plan
- Established a University Sustainability Council
- Received UNCF grant funding to support campus-wide recycling program
- Established policy that all new construction and renovation will follow LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Designs) guidelines.
- Received Title III funding for “green” renovations of Clement Hall, which has been certified LEED Silver
- Received Title III funding for “green” renovations of Wright-Young Hall, and have applied for LEED certification.
- Completed the University’s first greenhouse gas emissions inventory (carbon footprint)
- Developed and delivered MBA course in Sustainable Marketing (Spring 2011)
- Engaged students with diverse disciplines in sustainability based case competitions.
- Participated in Recycle-Mania
- Participated in Sustainability ATL activities