Suite 250 Student Center
(404) 880-6081 (fax)
The Cornelius L. Henderson Student Center
The primary functions of the Cornelius L. Henderson Student Center are to:
• provide convenient services that meet the needs of the student
• promote programs and activities that are responsive to the
developmental, physical, social, and educational needs of the
student body and university community,
• maintain a clean, safe and relaxing environment for all
• to provide competitive rates and excellent service to external
organizations and individuals interested in renting or reserving
banquet space and conference rooms for professional and
personal functions and events.
Guidelines and Regulations
The Student Center has multipurpose and recreation rooms for social activities. The Dean of Student Affairs must approve all social functions held in the Recreation Room. Center users must observe the following regulations:
• Activities must be registered on the social calendar and approved
by the Dean of Student Affairs at least two weeks before the
date of the activity.
• Applications to use the Center must contain the following: a
detailed statement of the type of activity planned; names of
persons responsible for the activity; names of the cleanup
committee; signature of the organization's faculty advisor.
• Admittance to the Center must be obtained by presenting an
official University I.D.
• Each group securing the Center must observe all University
regulations. The use of drugs or alcoholic beverages is strictly
• The Director of Student Activities is responsible for the programs
and events scheduled in the Student Center as well as other
student functions on the campus.
• No group may use campus facilities for "pay functions" unless the
activity is for the express and sole purpose of raising funds for
• Each social function must be personally supervised by the faculty
or staff sponsor, and two student hosts or hostesses. Failure of
such persons to attend may result in the cancellation or
termination of the social affair.
• A chartered group may sponsor two pay affairs each semester.
• Social affairs must be limited to two per week. They may last
until 1:00 a.m. on Friday and until midnight on Saturday, allowing
one-half hour to clean up and restore the facility to its original
• No social functions are permitted on Thanksgiving Day, during
Religious Emphasis Week, Passion Week, the week before final
semester examinations, and during final examination periods.
• Dances may be held only on Fridays and Saturdays. The Dean of
Student Affairs must also approve activities held in the dining
halls. In addition to observing the above regulations, users of the
dining hall must clear their requests with the Food Services
Manager. Chartered organizations sponsoring activities in
University dining halls may be assessed a catering fee as
determined by the Food Services Manager.