School of Education
Rufus E. Clement Hall, 323
Telephone: (404) 880-8508
Students seeking admission to Clark Atlanta University must submit an application for admission to the University. Completing the application form online will activate your admissions file. Your file will not be considered complete or submitted to the Graduate department until the Office of Graduate Admissions receives the following:
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars. The application fee will not be waived and is nonrefundable.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution’s Office of the Registrar. A transcript which has been “issued to the student” will not be accepted.
- An official GRE Report of Scores or GMAT Report (if applicable) from the Educational Testing Service Test requirements will not be deferred or waived. Test scores more than five years old are not acceptable.
- Three recommendation letters: two from former instructors and one from an employer or supervisor. If the applicant has not attended school for two years then all three recommendations may come from an employer or supervisor. The letters of recommendation can be submitted by email to GraduateAdmissions@cau.edu
- Resume, which can be submitted by email to GraduateAdmissions@cau.edu.
- A Dean of Students Certification form from the last institution you have attended (this form is only required if you attended an institution within the last two years). The Dean of Students or the administrative officer in charge of disciplinary records must complete this form and mail it directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
School of School of Education Only:
- A letter of intent which discusses career goals, reasons for applying to Clark Atlanta University, and qualifications for admission. Contact the program office of your intended area of study for additional details. The letter of intent can be submitted by email to GraduateAdmissions@cau.edu.
- Readmission A Clark Atlanta University student who has not been enrolled for one semester (not including the summer) is required to apply for readmission. Applications must be submitted at least thirty (30) days before the first day of registration of the term for which readmission is sought. A former student who has attended another college or university during his or her absence from Clark Atlanta University must have an official transcript from each institution’s Office of the Registrar mailed to Clark Atlanta University, Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Minimum of 51 semester credit hours, including 100 clock hours of practicum and 600 hours of internship experience in a school setting or community setting;
- Grade of B or better in all courses;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Satisfactory completion of the Communication Skills requirement; and
- Satisfactory completion of Comprehensive Examination.
Credit Hour Requirements
M.A. Degree: Completion of a minimum of fifty-one (51) credit hours of course work.
Thinking about Graduate School?
To apply click here: http://admissions.cau.edu/