Division of Research and Sponsored Programs
1001 Cole Research Center for Science and Technology
Telephone: (404) 880-6990
Fax: (404) 880-6983
The Division of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) offers a wide variety of synchronous and asynchronous training opportunities for campus faculty, staff, and students through the RSP Academy towards advancing the CAU Research Enterprise. The RSP Academy provides opportunities to meet and interact with others across the university with various interests and disciplines related to specific areas of interest.
Come prepared to interact and share your current and future research or project plans; learn about the plans of others; discuss funding sources, resources, references and citations; and possibly even find potential interdisciplinary collaborators in other units. Details for required registration and enrollment information are listed below:
- Instructor Facilitated
- Quarterly workshops on funding opportunities, grantsmanship, proposal development, budgeting, award management, intellectual property, and research compliance, laboratory safety and chemical hygiene. Advanced registration and RSVP are required for attendance. For registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title of the workshop in the subject of the email.
- Lunch and Learn
- Bring your lunch. Workshops are offered monthly on special topics related to administrative and financial management of sponsored projects. Advanced registration and RSVP are required for attendance. For registration, please email us at email@example.com, with 'Lunch & Learn' in the subject of the email.
- On-Demand/Targeted Training
- Let us come to you! We offer training at your site on any sponsored projects topic. For specific and targeted requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'On-Demand Training' in the subject of the email
- RSP 101- Introduction to Research and Sponsored Programs
- This introductory training module is a mandatory for all principal investigators and researchers. This module is a prerequisite and describes the vision, overview, and guidelines of research at Clark Atlanta University.
- RSP 201 - Award Management
- This training module is designed to further develop and enhance the knowledge and skills related to the management of sponsored funding by providing an overview of the policies and procedures for effectively executing extramurally funded projects in compliance with University and awarding agencies rules and regulations (A-21, A-110, A-133). This module also provides additional information regarding project startup, grants management, research compliance, budgeting, and completion of proper documentation for project implementation (PAFs, Purchasing, Travel and other forms).
- RSP 301 – Chemical Hygiene and Biosafety
- This training module is mandatory for staff working in research laboratories and for staff who serve a principal contact for laboratory and chemical safety emergencies and problems associated with laboratory safety equipment. This module provides training, guidance, and solutions for laboratory safety and chemical hygiene including proper handling, storage and disposal of chemicals and hazardous material.
Suggestions are always welcome for value added education and training topics to advance the CAU Research Enterprise!