WHO: Clark Atlanta University hosts its eight in a series of reading seminars on the scholarly work of W.E.B. Du Bois. Panelists include:
· Dr. Charmayne Patterson, CAU History Department
· Dr. Shirley White, CAU History Department
· Dr. Phillip Dunston, CAU Religion Department
· Dr. Makungu Akinyela, Georgia State University
· Ms. Michelle Meggs, doctoral student, CAU Africana Women’s Studies
· Dr. Stephanie Y. Evans, chair of the CAU Department of African American Studies, Africana Women’s Studies and History and panel chair
WHAT: Will discuss the church, family and uplift, by scholar, author and former Atlanta University faculty member W.E.B. Du Bois.
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 26, at noon
WHERE: The Thomas W. Cole Jr. Research Center for Science and Technology Boardroom, 223 James P. Brawley Drive, S.W.