Strengthening Development Capabilities
Haven Warren, 2nd Floor
Phone: 404.880.8710 Fax: 404.880.8710
Activity Director: Ms. Nicole Blount
Activity Assistant: Ms. Stephanie Williams
The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the infrastructure of the Division of Institutional Advancement and University Relations by assisting the unit in implementing strategies that will enhance and build the overall development of the University.
This activity will provide professional development and training for staff and allow for the purchase of software in support of the unit’s efforts to identify additional sources of institutional support. Enhanced technology and software will facilitate the unit’s ability to review, update and improve the structure and integrity of the Banner database to secure private and public financial resources, properly steward supporters and effectively provide information to the community. The Division will continue to develop Institutional Advancement and University Relations personnel, build critical infrastructure, and develop key relationships in preparation for the implementation of a capital campaign. Paramount will be the development of new and sustainable approaches to fundraising and endowment building.
This is activity will:
- Provide opportunities for staff training in support of fundraising initiatives in building a smaller reliance on institutional funding and developing new and sustainable approaches to identifying new funding sources and increasing the University’s annual fund and endowment.
- Educate and provide training workshops to key support organizations and critical stakeholders to assist in identifying new and long term funding resources for the University.
- Improve the structure and integrity of the Banner database to secure private and public financial resources, properly steward supporters and effectively provide information to the community.
- Employ development professionals to coordinate data cleanup, grant writing, prospect research and perform other development functions.
- Acquire equipment and research tools both electronic and hard copies to be used to develop and enhance databases.