Clark Atlanta University
TITLE III PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION
223 James P. Brawley Dr., SW
Thayer Hall, Suite 134
Atlanta, GA 30314
Phone: 404-880-8106 Fax: 404-880-6058
Clark Atlanta University's (CAU) Title III Program is linked to the overall mission of the institution. Specifically, the goal of the Title III Program is to ensure that these funds are used to support the quality and enhancement of our academic program consistent with all applicable federal and university policies. The President serves as the principal visionary in the design and structure of the Title III Program. Through his leadership, it is expected that Title III support will be used to help eliminate impediments that negatively impact educational access and opportunities for Clark Atlanta University students. Funded Title III programs are specifically focused on improving academic quality, institutional management, fiscal stability, and student services.
RELATIONSHIP TO THE UNIVERSITY MISSION
The University in its mission statement has committed itself to the role of shaping graduates who will not only be productive, creative, socially and economically responsible citizens, but students who will also have met standards of excellence in contemporary higher education.
Clark Atlanta University prepares its students for leadership and service through instructional programs and extracurricular activities that:
- Develop skills in oral and written communication, analytical and thinking, and interpersonal relationships;
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of the elements and evolution of various cultures, and the nature of the physical universe;
- Foster an understanding and an appreciation of the specific knowledge and skills needed for the pursuit of professional careers and or graduate study; and
- Cultivate the personal attributes of self-confidence, tolerance, morality, ethical behavior, humility, global perspective, and a commitment to social justice.
In carrying out its primary mission of developing students with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership, service, and self-realization, CAU is guided by an administration and faculty who promote academic excellence, achievement and high ideals. The Activities requested for support under Title III were developed with the mission, purposes and goals of the University in mind. Each activity is governed by a set of objectives, and each objective is related specifically to one or more of the Institution's long-range goals. In order to ensure its continued success and the implementation of all planned activities, Title III Program Administration will:
- Recommend policies and develop procedures to ensure adherence to Federal regulations that provide a clear audit trail;
- Provide support services to facilitate maximum of funded activities;
- Recommend policies and develop procedures to facilitate Title III proposal development and submission; and
- Recommend changes to Activities which will enhance the program in line with expected goals and objectives.