Student Learning Infrastructure and Training through
the Office of Information Technology and Communications
Harkness Hall, 1st Floor
Phone: 404.880.8954 Fax: 404.880.8734
Activity Director: Mr. Reginald Brinson
Activity Assistant: Ms. Patricia Alamutu
This activity directly supports the university’s strategic goals and provides the foundation on which the university will maintain, sustain, and grow business related function relevant to teaching, learning, research, and administration. This activity will improve digital collaboration between instructors and students interacting with them through external connections.
Title III funding for this activity will span the full 5 year grant cycle. The overall goals of the activity are:
- Develop business continuity (BC) plans for critical student facing business department (e.g., Students Receivables, Admissions, Registrar, Student Affairs, etc.) and upgrade the IT Disaster Recovery footprint to accommodate and support additional business needs driven by these plans within 5 years.
- Upgrade the network backbone and all buildings on the campus network to 10GB to support growing demands of an “edgeless” (On-Line Learning) and digitized campus within 5 years.
- Implement 21st Century classroom interactive technology in all existing (currently 108) and new teaching spaces within 5 years. 2012-2013 Grant Year
- By September 30, 2013, develop a business continuity (BC) plans for one business department (e.g., Students Receivables) and upgrade the IT Disaster Recovery footprint to accommodate and support additional business needs driven by the BC plan.
- By September 30, 2013, upgrade the network core and 3 academic building to 10GB network backbone capability.
- By September 30, 2013, implement 21st Century classroom interactive technology in 12 additional classrooms (teaching spaces).