Career Planning and Placement Center (CPPC)
Telephone: (404) 880-6701 or 6791
The Career Planning and Placement Center's mission is to provide quality services and career development programming designed to prepare the Clark Atlanta University student for the global economy of work and graduate studies. The Career Planning and Placement Center is an integral part in the professional development of our students by providing opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to pursue meaningful careers in a variety of professional and occupational fields. To this end, the CPPC offers the following services to all students:
- Individualized and Group Counseling Sessions,
- Self-Awareness and Career Exploration Inventories,
- Professional Development Workshops and Seminars (Resume Writing, Interviewing Strategies, Mock Interviews, Financial Planning, Dressing for Success, etc.),
- Experiential Learning (Cooperative Education, Internships, Summer Employment and Part-time Employment), and
- Annual AUC Career Fairs, Graduate and Professional Schools' Day Fair, and CAU Career Day.
The philosophic premise that the CPPC operates by is that a student's career development is a lifelong and continual process and should begin at the start of the student's matriculation within the institution. The earlier the career process is begun in a student's academic and professional development, the better prepared he/she will be to enter into the world of work.