The Alumni of Clark Atlanta University are the largest, most loyal, permanent constituency of the institution. The Office of Alumni Relations and Development (OAR) is a direct liaison between Clark Atlanta University and her 30,000 alumni constituency. The mission of the Office of Alumni Relations and Development is to encourage alumni to support Clark Atlanta University and to help them build a life-long bond with the institution. Function
Alumni Relations is a part of the Division of Institutional Advancement and University Relations (IAUR), and its staff works cooperatively and collaboratively with IAUR to advance the overall goals of the division and the University. The Office of Alumni Relations and Development is responsible for developing initiatives that identify and engage alumni in the life of Clark Atlanta University through which they can assist the institution in achieving its goals. The Office serves five primary functions:
- Reclaim and Engage - developing and implementing initiatives that reclaim, reunite, and engage alumni
- Fund-raising - directing the alumni annual campaign to build and maintain alumni support for the University by soliciting and coordinating alumni contributions and fund-raising events
- Program Development - developing programs that showcase the value of alumni and programs through which alumni can assist the University in achieving its goals
- Public Relations and Communications - fostering relationships among alumni ambassadors, volunteer organizations, and corporate and civic constituents; maintaining and improving communication between the University and alumni through targeted and timely messaging
- Recruitment - assisting with the recruitment of students by fostering alumni involvement.
The CAU Signature Scarf by Bernie of New York The CAU Signature Tie by Bernie of New York The CAU Alma Mater