Division of Research and Sponsored Programs
The mission of the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) is to provide leadership in the establishment of partnerships between the faculty, the institution and its constituents, the facilitation of technology transfer and commercialization, and the development and implementation of the operational processes and policies of the research enterprise at CAU including the delivery of pre- and postaward services. This mission is realized through the delivery of value-added, "one-stop" support and management throughout the research and sponsored programs process through the collaboration of research administration, CAU research enterprise and technology transfer and commercialization efforts.
At Clark Atlanta University, we believe that research and education cannot be decoupled. Research and scholarly activity at CAU is essential in providing a world-class educational experience for our students. The Division of Research and Sponsored Programs seeks to leverage the diverse skills and expertise of our students, faculty, researchers, and staff to foster the growth of the research enterprise, provide exceptional research and educational experiences for our students, and make significant discoveries and contributions to the knowledge of humankind.
RSP performs and assists with the following activities:
- identifying and pursuing new research initiatives and opportunities across the University;
- locating potential funding sources;
- monitoring the University's compliance with federal, state, local, and institutional regulations relating to human subjects, animal care and use, biosafety, radiation safety, and research integrity;
- developing and providing education and training programs related to proposal development, grants management, research compliance; and intellectual property management;
- guiding faculty and staff through the grant/contract application process;
- managing the proposal approval and endorsement process;
- maintaining University award files and records;
- coordinating and facilitating research partnerships, collaborative, and cooperative agreements;
- managing activities related to intellectual property (patents, copyrights, publication agreements, licensing), technology transfer and commercialization, and inventions;
- disseminating information on availability and deadlines on external funding opportunities in research;
- administering research grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements;
- pre-auditing restricted costs; and
- assisting with reporting related to grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements.